The inaugural Energy Storage Council Conference was held on 13-14 May alongside Solar 2015 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The Energy Storage Council hosted an informative and free to attend two day conference program exploring the important issues relating to the advancement of energy storage solutions in Australia and globally.
The program featured over 30 speakers focused on current market developments and trends, technology integration, policy and industry case studies.
Co-locating with Solar 2015 allowed participants from energy storage and associated industries to do business all in one location, with over 4000 visitors attending the combined event.
The Conference brought together representatives from energy storage companies including technology manufacturers, equipment providers, project developers, consultants, utilities and other energy industry leaders.
Energy Storage Council Conference 2015 notable speakers included:
- Raghu Belur – Co-founder, Enphase Energy
- Dr. Ali Nourai – Energy Storage Segment Director, DNV GL
- Takashi Yano – Deputy General Manager, Infrastructure Business Div, Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd
- Professor Aliakbar Akbarzadeh – School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University
- John Wood – Chief Executive Officer, Ecoult
- Masoud Abshar – Managing Director, Magellan Power
- Jenny Mee – Partner, K&L Gates Law Firm
- Yogendra Vashishtha, Principal Engineer, AusNet Services
Solar Energy 2015 Exhibition
The Solar 2015 exhibition hosted a dedicated zone for energy storage exhibitors.
The zone was located in the same area as the Energy Storage Conference room, and exhibitors had direct access to hundreds of energy storage delegates attending the conference.
The Energy Storage zone featured all the latest technology and solutions within arms reach of the conference room and reached the largest audience of energy storage professionals in Australia!